You may have heard that we have a new school song, chosen by our instrumental music director, Kevin Ryks, called the “Minnesota Rouser.” You can listen to the tune of this song here:
Community members, parents, students, staff, and faculty–EVERYONE is invited to impact Northeast Range School history by writing the lyrics to our school song!
Enter the lyric competition, either individually or part of a team. All lyrics must be original work and demonstrate pride in the Northeast Range School. Lyrics must match the melody line and fit the structure of the song. The deadline for all submissions is Wednesday, November 27 at 3:00 pm in the Northeast Range School office.
Please submit your lyrics using the official contest form.
NER School Song Official Contest Rules:
The purpose of the school song is to promote school spirit and pride. School songs are about victory and working together.
1. Any Northeast Range community member, parent, student, staff, or faculty may enter the contest.
2. You may collaborate and enter as a team/group or independently.
3. You may submit 1 entry as an individual and 1 as part of a team. No more than 2 entries per person.
4. All entries must be original work. No lyrics can be plagiarized.
5. All lyrics must be free of innapropriate, suggestive, or obscene langauage.
6. Lyrics must match the melody line and fit the structure of the song.
7. Finished entries must be typed or written and delivered by hand or mail to the Northeast Range office no later than Wednesday, November 27 at 3:00 pm.
8. The top three entries will be chosen by the School Song Committee. The top three chosen entries will then be posted and voted on by our communities. Each of the top 3 entries will win: 1. One large family size pizza from the Babbitt Hot Stuff Deli, 2. Two ski passes to Giant’s Ridge, 3. Four tickets to a winter sporting event at NER.
The winning team or individual will will a $100 cash prize adn be part of Northeast Range School history as the lyricist to the Northeast Range school song!